We only had a few days to travel for Christmas as Stephen couldn't get much time off of work. So we left Christmas Day in pouring down rain and headed up to Arkansas. By the time we reached the 111 I30 exit it was beginning to ice. Have I mentioned I don't like winter. Got to Mom and Dads and by 10pm that night we were without electricity. That stayed out the next day until 5pm it came on. Thank the LORD!! Shandra and Matt came in about that time too from Nebraska. They stopped and picked up a generator for Dad, but we didn't have to use it. Thursday we opened up presents and then headed home. Hwy 5 was a bit sketchy but we made to the interstate. It was about half way home the snow was gone. Here are just a few pics from that adventure. My camera lost all the other picks I had. Stephen has a good video on his phone, will have to see if I can do that.
Stephen helping Claire, Andrew, and Blake make their kids ornaments.
SNOW!! 8 inches
Opening gifts
Hwy 5 heading home. This wasn't as bad as some of the areas we saw.
No comments:
Post a Comment